The Slip-Collar Upright adjusts to the desired height by simply adjusting the inner pipe upward. It works on an internal ball-bearing (slip-lock) system, so as you raise the inner pipe the weight locks the upright into place. To release, and lower back down, simply raise the inner pole to release the pressure, lift the ring and guide the inner pipe down. Our 2″ Slip Collar Uprights pair with our Slip-Fit Bases and Heavy Duty Bases with 2″ pin (Bases sold separately). Use and care instructions ship with this item. Use caution when adjusting this item, if the inner pipe is not held while lowering and allowed to drop, this can cause damage to the collar component.
We offer two variations of this product, our Two Piece Slip-Collar, and our Three Piece Slip-Collar. These work like a telescope, our Two-Piece model is designed with two sliding pipes and one black collar. Our Three Piece model is designed with three sliding pipes and two black collars, giving you the most range of height adjustments.
Now you can also get your uprights the way you want them: Choose the traditional silver look, black anodized, black powder-coated, or add a CastleTop® insert.
The Georgia Expo Difference
- Easy to adjust to desired height
- No tools required
- Cut, punched and finished in our factory, these uprights go through a series of operations on our punch presses to give you exact heights and drape support slots, this also means we can customize your uprights to fit your unique event needs, ask your sales representative for details on customization
- Anodized Aluminum
- 4 slots every 90° at the top of the Upright
- 6063 T-6/0.65 wall thickness
- DROPSTOP™ technology – The DROPSTOP™ is a metal stopper with a rubber head that is installed in the bottom of the upright. This upgrade stops the inner pipe from falling through and hitting the floor. It also eliminates the metal on metal contact by absorbing the shock of the collars and creating a cushioned fixed stopping point, preventing the two points from colliding. It allows the upright to be used correctly, even if the user is inexperienced. Think of it as an extra layer of protection for your upright!
- 4′ -7′ Upright pairs with 16″ x 14″ Slip Fit Base or Cross Base
- 5′- 8′ Upright pairs with 16″ x 14″ Slip Fit Base or Cross Base
- 6′ – 10′ Uprights pair with 18″ x 18″ Slip Fit Base
- 7′ – 12′ Upright pair with 18″ x 18″ Slip Fit Base
- 8′ – 14′ Upright pair with 24″ x 24″ Slip Fit Base
- 9′ – 16′ Upright pair with Heavy Duty 18″ x 18″ Slip Fit Base
- 10′ – 18′ Upright pair with Heavy Duty 24″ x 24″ Slip Fit Bases recommend to add a Base Weight at these heights.
Watch Amanda Gray, VP of Sales & Marketing, discuss the attributes, applications, and benefits of our Slip Collar Uprights
Watch our Upright video to learn about the attributes, applications, and benefits of all our Upright options
*bases sold separately